You are here » Icron USB 2.0 RG2210 Core «
Icron USB 2.0 RG2210 Core
4-port Cat 5e 100 meter extender
- Extends USB 2.0 high-speed and USB 1.1 (low-speed, full-speed) devices
- Operates with USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 hosts
- Supports USB devices up to 36Mbps
- Distance of up to 100m/330ft over Cat 5e or better cabling
- Integrated hub provides four USB 2.0 ports. Number of devices can be increased using additional USB hubs
- ExtremeUSB® suite of features:
- Transparent USB extension
- True plug and play; no software drivers required
- Works with all major operating systems: Windows®, Mac OS X®, and Linux®
Icron’s ExtremeUSB® Core 2200 Series SO-DIMM daughter boards provide a low risk embedded solution for flexible design. All ExtremeUSB functionality is provided on a compact, cost-effective PCB, enabling quick, cost effective integration of ExtremeUSB into your custom extension solution. The USB 2.0 RG2210 Core SO-DIMM daughter cards provide 4-port USB 2.0 extension of up to 36Mbps over Cat 5e or better cabling up to 100m.
The USB 2.0 RG2210 Core SO-DIMM solution is comprised of two separate printed circuit board daughter cards: the Local Extender and the Remote Extender for easy integration into an OEM solution. Conventional USB cables are used to connect the Local unit to the host computer, and the remote USB device to the Remote unit. Cat 5e UTP cabling is used to connect the Local and Remote units to support USB 2.0 of up to 36Mbps over a distance of up to 100m (330ft). 300 meters distance can be achieved with low bandwidth USB devices like keyboards and mice.
- USB Throughputs: USB 2.0 – 12, 16, 24, or 36Mbps
- Media: Cat X – Utilizes a single pair for USB
- Transmission: RS-485 Driver
- Distance: 100m (330ft). Note: 300m can be achieved with lower bandwidth USB devices.
In the Box
- KVM Extension
- USB device sharing: print, scan, storage
- Industrial Control
- Remote Desktop USB Connections
- Automotive telematics
- Security: web camera, access control
- Digital Signage
The USB 2.0 RG2210 Core SO-DIMM solution has each module sold separately, and can be configured as either a Local or Remote Extender. Please note, two Core modules are needed to complete a system and that an Icron Developer’s Kit must be purchased prior.
PDF Icron USB 2.0 RG2210 Core Datasheet (804.2 kB)